Redeeming Gold Points to PayPal
Earning Gold points is fun, but redeeming it is even more exciting. Once you’ve earned enough points, you can head to the Redemption Page, sign into your Honey account, and choose how you want to redeem your points.
You can redeem your points for cash back, a shopping credit to use on your next eligible purchase when you pay with PayPal, or a gift card to participating stores (for US members, you'll need 1,000 points for a gift card). Currently, the shopping credit and cash back options are only available to US members.
For help with redeeming your Gold points for gift cards, check here. If you want to redeem your Gold points for shopping credit or cash payment to your account with PayPal, just follow the steps below.
Redeem your Gold points for a shopping credit
Once you reach the Redemption Page, simply click the option to redeem for a shopping credit.
Then just choose the amount you’d like to redeem for and hit Redeem. After that, PayPal will automatically apply your shopping credit to your next eligible transaction when you use PayPal to check out.
To receive your shopping credit, your Honey account will need to be linked to a valid US personal PayPal account in good standing. If you need to link your Honey account to your account with PayPal or create a new account with PayPal, simply follow the steps on the Redemption Page. For more help, scroll down to the section below on linking accounts.
Remember that there are some terms and limitations for PayPal shopping credit. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Voucher is issued for loyalty & promotional purposes, and cannot be redeemed for cash or withdrawn from your PayPal account or transferred to someone else
- Voucher will be added to your PayPal account and will be automatically applied to your next eligible purchase when you select PayPal to pay
- Voucher must be redeemed by the expiration date, or it will expire.
- There are no specific fees imposed in connection with the voucher (but standard PayPal transaction fees apply)
- Voucher is only available for users in the 50 United States with valid US Honey and US PayPal accounts, and can only be used for purchases in US dollars.
- Voucher is not valid on send money transactions, eBay seller fees, eBay purchases paid via an eBay invoice, PayPal preapproved payments, and the payment of any PayPal transaction fees. Additional exclusions may apply, see PayPal Shopping Credit Terms and Conditions for details.
- You can redeem up to a maximum of 10,000 Honey Gold in a single day using the voucher option.
- This may be considered taxable income. You are responsible for complying with all applicable tax requirements. You may be asked to provide certain identifying information (like your Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number) for tax purposes.
Redeem your Gold points for cash payment
You can also choose to redeem your Honey Gold for a cash payment to your account with PayPal. Once you’ve earned enough Honey Gold, simply go to the Redemption Page and click the option to redeem your Honey Gold to your PayPal balance to receive your cash payment.
Like the option to redeem your Gold points for a shopping credit, your Honey account will need to be linked to a valid US personal PayPal account in good standing to receive your cash back. As a reminder, you can link your accounts or create a new account with PayPal on the Redemption Page. Scroll down to the linking section if you need more help.
Once you’ve linked your accounts for redemption, US members can redeem their Gold points for cash back to their PayPal account. US personal account members who want to keep their money in PayPal as a balance, or use other features that rely on a balance, will need to have either a PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account in order to do this.
If you don’t have a PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account, you can still use your personal PayPal account to receive your cash back and transfer it to a linked debit card or bank account. You can also do the same if you have a PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account.
Learn about the different types of personal accounts PayPal offers, and what you can do with each type of account here.
Just a reminder
Keep in mind that once you redeem your Honey Gold, we’re not able to cancel the redemption or exchange it. We want you to be happy with your choice, so the more you know the better.
If you’d prefer to redeem your Honey Gold for store gift cards instead, check out how here.
How to link your account with PayPal to your Honey account
Start by going to the Redemption Page and selecting the PayPal shopping credit or cash back option.
You’ll have the option to link an existing PayPal account or create a new account if you don’t have one yet. If you need help creating a PayPal account, check out the section below.
To successfully link your accounts, you’ll need to make sure that the PayPal account you’re using to log in has your Honey account email as either the primary or an additional email address on the account. You can learn more about that here.
If your account with PayPal doesn’t already have your Honey email address listed, you can easily add your Honey email by following these steps:
1. Log into your account with PayPal like you normally do.
2. Click the settings icon at the top right of the page.
3. Add your Honey email by clicking the plus sign on the email section of the page.
After you’ve added your Honey email to your account with PayPal, you can return to the Redemption Page to finish entering your PayPal credentials.
Your accounts should now be linked for redemption. From there, you can easily redeem your Gold points for shopping credit or cash back.
How to create a new account with PayPal
Don’t have a PayPal account yet? Don’t worry. Just follow this article to get everything set up.
Still need help?
If there’s a problem or error with the shopping credit or cash back, please reach out directly to PayPal Customer Service here. For all other issues related to your Gold points, you can reach out to our Member Experience team.